"What embitters the world is not excess of criticism, but an absence of self-criticism." - G.K. Chesterton

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Drawn away by the sun

My apologies for being slow to comment and quick to let conversations drop lately. Fact of the matter is, it's just to incredibly nice out to stay inside ruminating on complicated philosophical/metaphysical/theological conundrums.

Then yesterday the massacre in Virginia hit and I'm finding it hard to sit down and think on these issues that can often seem far removed from real life. Especially when you look at how my debate with Stephen is going.

I know the thought precedes the action. Because of that I know these conversations we have here have the possibility to shape reality. Perhaps only in a small way, but who knows. Even so, as the weather turns warm I want to make sure I'm spending all the time I can with my wife and little boy. Over lunch I'll probably want to go for a walk with Brad rather than stare at a computer screen.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that there will probably be a slow down over the temperate spring and summer months. I'll still be around commenting when I can, but the level of intensity will probably be lessened. Don't be put out if I don't get around to responding to a comment. You are still helping shape my mind with each contribution you make.

Having said that, I think it's about time for a song. All together now! ...

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger James Higham said...

Tendency to hibernate in summer then, Alex?

10:24 AM

 
Blogger Alex said...

If you consider getting outside and enjoying life hibernating! ;-)

10:33 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday, Alex!

Seriously, we gotta get together and hang soon :-)

12:57 PM

 
Blogger Alex said...

Hey Thanks man! And a happy birthday to you too! Yes a thorough hanging-out is defiantly needed. I'll see if I can't set something up.

1:04 PM

 
Blogger James Higham said...

The song is wonderful, though.

1:13 PM

 
Blogger Alex said...

James,
It's in the limited company of my most favoritest songs of all-time, ever, period. It never ceases to amaze me when I stumble across a song that speaks right to the heart of my soul. Not just content-wise, but in the delivery as well.

It reminds me I'm a part of something much larger than myself. We all are; and many of us are searching intensely for what this larger story is. This song really carries a sentiment that is very near to me as I continue my journey. There's a light up ahead. Heat-death will not be my end.

1:26 PM

 
Blogger Lord Nazh said...

I need a trip to England :)

Always wanted to go, so when I finally decide to, I'll have friends there already (heh)

Good posts and happy (way belated) birthday

6:11 PM

 
Blogger Alex said...

Nazah,
Thanks for the happy b-day! Spent the day with my wife. (just the two of us. Left our little boy at daycare) Man... I can't believe how much you notice not having a little man around! It was fantastic! Don't get me wrong. Love the little feller dearly, but the flexibility you have without him! It's... It's... fantastic!

Hope to take a trip Old Blighty myself someday. That way Matt and I can settle this little disagreement we have like gentlemen... with a pistol duel!!!

Okay off to bed with me...

9:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home