"What embitters the world is not excess of criticism, but an absence of self-criticism." - G.K. Chesterton

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

To my Atheist brothers:

I am praying for you tonight. I am praying to the God you don't believe in. I am praying for you, my brothers. I am praying to the One who at this very moment is speaking to your heart. I am praying that you have not shut Him out forever. I am praying that you know Him whether you know it or not. I am praying that the God who spoke all reality into existence would beat down the doors of your heart and force you to look Him straight in the eye. I am saddened to know that He probably will not. He loves you to much to violate you in such a way. I am praying that your hearts have not been hardened. I am praying that you will see forever a beauty that your minds cannot now conceive. I am praying that you will be helpless and broken. I am praying that you will find the One Truth that has the power to lift you back-up.

My heart is broken for you. Know that I love you as brothers. I have found a community of mind amongst you that, even in the midst of our divisions, has led me to count you as my brothers. This may sound as foolishness, but it is the truth of my heart. It's just the place I am at. I wish I could offer you more than a plea – more than my amateur attempts at reason. It's all I have. It's all I will continue to give.

May the Lord who creates, sustains, and redeems us be real to you.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am praying for our brothers as well to know the warmth of Jesus in their heart. The hardest part is when people ask why do you believe? I try to listen to their story and echo where they can feel the presence of God's love in their life but herhaps cannot see it till it is pointed out to them.

2:30 PM

 
Blogger Incitatus4Congress said...

I appreciate the sentiment ;)

12:10 PM

 
Blogger Alex said...

If at the end of the day I turn out to be completely off-base the sentiment remains.

12:41 PM

 
Blogger Incitatus4Congress said...

It's the thought that counts.

1:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home