"What embitters the world is not excess of criticism, but an absence of self-criticism." - G.K. Chesterton

Monday, December 11, 2006

Ready... Set...

Well folks I've decided to fire up this here blog as a somewhat therapeutic outlet for me to vent and hone my thoughts. Here's the breakdown: My dad passed away on Oct 1 2006. My wife and I had our first child in May of 2006. The people I respect the most in my life are either very thoughtful Atheists, or very thoughtful Christians. This world is filled with "truths" that all contradict each other in very fundamental ways. Either we are all wrong... or there is an objective truth that to some degree can be discovered. If there is a god. I believe you will find him there. Those who do not hold a certain amount of uncertainty (humility) in their world view freak me out. You can find these folks all over the place. They are rather difficult for me to talk to. A good friend of mine has come down on the atheist side of the fence. Our conversations are an endless source of questions and thought provoking topics.

So basically is comes down to this, I'm in a place in my life where the big questions are being pressed up against my face. I am filled with questions and am hungry to learn more about myself and this world I live in. I look forward to consolidating my internal debates in one spot and the conversations that will hopefully follow. Having said that... Let's get started, shall we?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home